approach on getting nullfs to work again

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Wed Feb 9 21:36:31 PST 2005

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 09:28:39PM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>      Only for unionfs.  For nullfs (where no merging is taking place) I
>      am pretty certain we don't have to fake file OR directory vnodes.

Well, which mount point should fstat report? The nullfs [which is what
I would expect] or the underlying filesystem [which would be more useful
if you want to decide disk space usage etc.]? In the latter case, some
programs might get confused by having the same device / inode pairs
across different  mount points.

Joerg