Stable tag will be slipped Sunday and release engineering will begin Monday

Adrian Nida nida at musc.edu
Mon Apr 4 07:43:30 PDT 2005

<Snip/>
    We still do not have an official packaging system, but David Rhodus and
    a number of other people now have significant experience and that may well
    dictate how we go on that.  Most people are already dependant on Dave's
    remote pkg_src repository :-).
<Snip/>

Hmm, our wiki handbook (and I assume the "official" one as well) makes a
lot of mention of pkg_add/pkg_delete/etc. and I only see four pages
making reference to pkgsrc (none of which appear in the handbook tree).
 Should someone update these?  I'll be willing to step up to this plate
when I figure out enough about pkgsrc to discuss it :-).

However, would it be better to wait for the official packaging system to
be released before doing this?

Adrian