Heads up: Timer Problems

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Thu Sep 23 07:12:12 PDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 08:55:41AM -0400, esmith wrote:
> If there are no expected problems, and no reported problems at this point,
> should this option be considered as a default for GENERIC?

You could get the same behaviour you currently get on some machines
w/o it. That means your timing is completly bogus. I don't think we
have to support the old timer1 for memory refresh, since even i386
should have SIMM with chipset internal refresh.

Yes, I'd like to include this in GENERIC in the longer term or switch the
option for the default / non-default. But I want to give it some more
expossion and testing first.

Joerg