pidfile

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Sep 27 14:57:15 PDT 2004

:Fixed the mixup with pidfile that was preventing kerberos5 from being
:built after pidfile() was added to libutil.  This could probably be done
:right by redoing configure with the later libutil; configure does look
:at this.  However, I don't know the canonical method, other than just by
:hand, of getting from autoconf contrib packages to the bmake system...
:
:Does noone else use kerberos?  I've seen no complaints.
:
:-- Pete

    Maybe we should rename pidfile() in libutil to something else
    instead.  It's a pretty aweful name for libutil to choose to use
    anyway!  Maybe something like make_pidfile() ?  Comments?  From
    what I can tell there isn't much in our tree that actually uses it.