vinum?

Yury Tarasievich grog at grsu.by
Wed Sep 15 04:15:47 PDT 2004

Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
On Monday, 13 September 2004 at 22:06:42 -0500, Nathan Hawkins wrote:

Which leads to the main thing I wanted to point out: Vinum is the only
volume manager I've seen on BSD. There's a bit more to it than just raid.

Good point.  I had originally intended Vinum to be a volume manager,
not a RAID system, but RAID seemed a useful addition at the time.  Now
that FreeBSD has GEOM, it's arguable whether Vinum belongs there at
all in its current form.
At least it works well now, not "really soon".
And I'll have yet to see GEOM doing something really useful and new for me.