vinum?

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Mon Sep 13 08:24:55 PDT 2004

On 13.09.2004, at 17:20, David Rhodus wrote:
-On [20040913 14:22], Yury Tarasievich (grog at xxxxxxx) wrote:
With all the news in VFS and akin, will the vinum still work??
I wonder what vinum's feature will be anyway.  Didn't Greg resign
from
maintainership in FreeBSD?
Well, having NO software RAID implementation is very, very bad.
Do ANY alternatives exist?
I don't really care about software RAID. More about volume management.
Also I heard RF is evil. What about EVMS? I know it's linux but maybe
that can be fixed or at least used for ideas.
Why ? Are there things you find lacking in vinum right now ?
Apart from maintainership and fool-proof setup, nothing until now.

--
/"\
\ /