modules & options

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Sun Sep 5 17:19:14 PDT 2004

On 05.09.2004, at 19:14, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:> Is there a way to achieve what I want (kldload vesa but keep
debugging
:> output)?
:we should use this for every KLD, in my opinion.
    I'd say 'maybe', though the mechanism should be to 'cp' the opt
file
    into the module objdir rather then to use .PATH to access the
kernel
    objdir.  .PATH is too dangerous to be used in that manner.
what about that:

opt_vesa.h: _KERNELOPTS
        touch ${.TARGET}
_KERNELOPTS: .USE
        @if [ -f ${MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX:Q}/${.TARGET:Q} ]; \
        then \
                printf 'Pulling config file "%s" from kernel build
tree\n' ${.TARGET:Q}; \
                cp ${MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX:Q}/${.TARGET:Q} ${.TARGET:Q}; \
        fi

cheers
  simon
--