modules & options

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Sun Sep 5 05:34:02 PDT 2004

Hi,

is it on purpose that the modules built with buildkernel do not honor
the options in the kernel config?

If I put 'options VESA_DEBUG' in my kernel config the module vesa.ko
won't have this option defined. This is becauses it #includes an empty
opt_vesa.h from
/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/<KERNCONF>/usr/src/sys/dev/video/i386/vesa (the
module build directory) instead of the one in
/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/<KERNCONF> (the kernel build directory) which
contains the VESA_DEBUG option.

Is there a way to achieve what I want (kldload vesa but keep debugging
output)?

Regards,
Sascha
--