CLOG support in syslogd

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Fri Oct 29 10:32:01 PDT 2004

At 2:39 PM -0400 10/28/04, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
At 2:41 PM +0200 10/28/04, Emiel Kollof wrote:
Op donderdag 28 oktober 2004, schreef Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai:
 > -On [20041028 02:52], Scott Ullrich (geekgod at xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
 > > This would allow someone to set the size of a log file and syslogd
 > > would automatically keep the file size from growing larger than
 > > specified.

 How is this different from the size column in /etc/newsyslog.conf?
newsyslog is run from cronjob and can not ensure that the log
size stays below  the value in newsyslogd.conf. AFAICT this can.
If I recall correctly, Wes Peters was interested in doing something
similar with syslogd in FreeBSD.
After re-reading the original message in this thread, I realize that
I misunderstood what the change was.  This is not the same idea as
the one Wes was thinking of for syslog in FreeBSD.
--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at xxxxxxxxxxx