cross-build failure

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Tue Oct 26 15:23:27 PDT 2004

At 2:43 PM -0700 10/26/04, Matthew Dillon wrote:
: Is it bad news to be cvsupping a tag (either . or DragonFly_Stable)
: directly into /dfly/usr/ rather than cvsupping the CVS/RCS files
: (into /home/dcvs, say) and cvs co/updating from there?
:
: What is the difference?
:
:- David
    Theoretically cvsupping a tag should work, but the question is
    whether cvsup will 'do the right thing' with the file deletions.
    Either it does or it doesn't.
cvsup should handle that without any trouble.  I used to always
cvsup directly into /usr/src, and in fact I still do that on my
freebsd/sparc64 machine (because it is too low on disk space to
keep a copy of the cvs repository).
I prefer to use cvsup to download the entire repository, so I have
all of it locally if I want to pull out specific revisions of a
file.  I think it is well worth the disk space (and it certainly
does require more disk space to do it that way).
--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at xxxxxxxxxxx