uplcom(4) problem

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Oct 10 17:22:30 PDT 2004

:>     I'm guessing that it is a bug in the generic usb ucom driver, so it
:>     should occur with any usb serial device (hopefully).
:
:Update: it works with linux kernel 2.6.8.  (Haven't succeeded in connecting
:yet, but it responds to modem commands.) I'll see whether the diff of 2.6.8
:with 2.6.6 (which didn't work) and the DFly PL2303 driver make any sense to
:me: if so, I'll try updating the driver.
:
:Rahul

    Well, I tried to find a usb serial modem but the only two I saw at
    BestBuy and CompUsa were Winmodem based (i.e. identified as ugen devices
    rather then umodem/ucom/uplcom devices).

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>