uplcom(4) problem

Rahul Siddharthan rsidd at online.fr
Tue Oct 5 23:16:57 PDT 2004

Matthew Dillon wrote:

>    Yes, almost guarenteed to be the USB-to-serial driver.  I'll go buy a usb
>    serial adapter tomorrow and try to make it work.

Wow!  That's why I'm using DragonFly, where else will one get a
respones like that?

However - it's not working on linux either, though there are reports
on the net of people successfully using Prolific PL-2303 devices to
connect to serial modems under linux.  So I'm wondering if it's
something to do with my particular device... and unfortunately I don't
think it's feasible to ship it to you, I'm in India now

Rahul