cache_lock versus getty?

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Sun Nov 14 12:57:11 PST 2004

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004, Matthew Dillon wrote:

>     There is a getty running on v0 on my box.

I don't know why, but I see the same now -- sorry for the noise.

>     The cache_lock messages are diagnostics.  I need to go through the
>     scenarios and figure out why they are occuring at boot because they
>     really shouldn't be.

I'm surprised -- I assumed everyone was seeing them.  Here are two more
data points just to make your headache worse ;o)

I can do 'shutdown now' followed by CTL-D any number of times after boot,
and I do *not* see the cache_lock messages.  It only happens during a
'real' boot.

I tried a GENERIC kernel, just in case, and I still see the lock messages.

Any other diagnostic maneuvers I should try?  (I must say that everything
seems to be working just great, otherwise:  wait-and-see-if-it-goes-away
might be a viable strategy here :o)