Technical paper for the VM subsystem in DragonflyBSD

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Nov 3 13:25:01 PST 2004

:Hello All,
:
:This question is for Mattew, however I would appreciate feedback from any
:knowledgable person. Is there a plan to publish some sort of technical paper
:which describes and dwells into the details about complete overhaul of the VM
:subsystem once the work is finished, such paper you Matt did after reworking VM
:for the FBSD4.0 release?
:
:Thanks,
:
:- Timour
:
:--
:Timour Ezeev

    Well, certainly, once time permits, I will write papers on various
    DragonFly mechanisms.  The VM system is not something I intend to
    rewrite again, though certainly some modifications will eventually be
    required to make it more SMP friendly.  I'm fairly satisfied with the
    current VM infrastructure.  The only thing I really want to add to it
    is a device-layer copy-on-write feature to avoid read-fault-stall-on-write
    issues.