Am I missing something? ports collection -> gnumalloc?!

mac mmac at milnet.de
Sun May 30 19:45:32 PDT 2004

Hi again,

i found a/the problem.

audio/nas is using xmkmf & imake and for some reason I installed the
FreeBSD binaries of XFree86 4.4.0.

however, that creates a weird problem, because imake (or some little
helper) will choose /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/FreeBSD.cf for
make-defaults (i think for compatibility).

But the xfree86.org FreeBSD.cf contains
-
#ifndef GnuMallocLibrary
#define GnuMallocLibrary        -lgnumalloc
#endif
-
after removing the lines "make/make install" of audio/nas (and  other
ports like x11-wm/afterstep) will work 100%. maybe ;) its a better idea
to use dfports/x11-servers or in need of xfree 4.4.0 to copy the config
files over (i havent checked this yet).

thanks for your attention,
mac