Boot hangs starting postfix

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun May 30 09:15:31 PDT 2004

:
:Well, hitting ^C or ^D or anything else didn't kill it.  I'm not running
:named
:either.  Maybe I'll just wait awhile to upgrade.  I'm in no rush, in fact I
:don't
:even need to upgrade, I just like to do it every once in a while.
:
:--
:R. Joseph Wright
:Those are my principles.  If you don't like them I have others.
:  -- Groucho Marx

    Well, it's not going to get fixed if we don't know what's wrong (!) :-).
    Since you can login to the box normally the problem is almost guarenteed
    to be something that postfix or some other program in the boot
    sequence is blocking on and never unblocking.  Figuring out what is
    blocking the boot sequence ought to be easy since you can ssh into the
    box by using 'ps axl' and other tools.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>