NVidia motherboard with integrated LAN - RT8201

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Sat May 29 11:52:54 PDT 2004

"Remco Rijnders" <remco at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:opr8rtoor532ljov at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> I'm now stuck at the networking part and wonder if kernel support is
> available for motherboards with an integrated RealTek 8201 based
> ethernet.

I don't think this is supported - most RealTek chipsets supported are
the 81xx series.  Someone (Joerg?) may have a more authoritative answer.

If you have any spare Ethernet cards around that are on this list:

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.8R/hardware-i386.html#ETHERNET

They are probably supported and could be used until there's a driver
appropriate to your motherboard.