suidperl broken

Chris Pressey cpressey at catseye.mine.nu
Sun May 16 21:59:48 PDT 2004

On Sun, 16 May 2004 23:57:08 +0200
"Erik P. Skaalerud" <erik at xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As I got no response at all in dragonfly.bugs I thought I should
> forward this to kernel.
>
> Erik
>
> > Suidperl doesnt seem to work on DragonFly.

I can confirm that this does not appear to work for me either (with the
perl 5.005_03 in the base system.)

Nevertheless:

> > [erik at dragon:~]$ ls -la /usr/local/bin/suidperl
                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > -rws--x--x  2 root  wheel  706148 May 10 17:52
> > /usr/local/bin/suidperl[erik at dragon:~]$ ls -la
> > /usr/local/bin/testsuid-rwsr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  271 May 10 20:52
> > /usr/local/bin/testsuid[erik at dragon:~]$ cat /usr/local/bin/testsuid
> > #!/usr/bin/suidperl
Those paths don't match; double-check that you're running the version of
perl that you think you are.

I wrote a small C program that does essentially what the section of
perl.c that's failing does (call setreuid() twice,) and it works without
problems, so the problem is presumably not setreuid() itself.

So at this point I'm out of ideas... I mean, I dunno, maybe it has to do
with threads? although I don't think the base system perl is built with
threads anyway, so, *shrug* sorry.  That's as far as I can help.

-Chris