kernel debugging question

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun May 16 10:49:20 PDT 2004

:The only way I can think of now is to create global data that I can look
:at after Debugger() has been called (in fact, this is what I'm going to
:do next). Question was, is there a better/more elegant way?
:
:But it was interesting so far, I learned a few things, set up serial gdb...
:
:Regards,
:Sascha
:
:--
:http://yoyodyne.ath.cx

    As a severe hack I sometimes write directly to video memory, which is
    usually at 0xb8000 (0xc00b8000).  In character mode video memory
    operates in 16 bit chunks, where you store 0xABCD where A is the
    background color, B is foreground color, and CD is the character
    code.  So, for example, 0x0741 should store an 'A'.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>