kernel broken using CPUTYPE and 2.95.4

Evan Dower evantd at hotmail.com
Tue May 11 07:49:40 PDT 2004

Why not just have something check for known working CPUTYPES and fail with
an error such as "Unsupported CPUTYPE: 'p4'. Use FORCE_CPUTYPE=YES to do it
anyway (but you really shouldn't)." If somebody wants to try it, they can,
but you gave them fair warning that they it's not a good idea.
Cheers,
--
Evan Dower
Undergraduate, Computer Science