make buildworld failure

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun May 9 10:02:54 PDT 2004

:I encountered exactly the same error while doing a "make buildworld"
:overnight. The machine is a Pentium MMX, 146 MHz. If more infos are
:required, drop me a mail.
:
:--markus

    See if the problem is reproducable:

    cd /usr/src/share/doc/papers/memfs
    wmake					(note the 'w')

    If it is, and you think your /tmp and /var/tmp are properly setup, then
    use ktrace -i to generate a trace:

    ktrace -f /usr/obj/kt.out -i wmake

    The ktrace file (/usr/obj/kt.out) we be in the 800K-1MB range.  email that
    to me (e.g. mime-encoded) or put it up somewhere and email me the URL
    where I can fetch it.  Do not post it to the list.

    I'm still fairly certain that this is a /var/tmp issue.