New DFly ISO CD image available 20040506

Rahul Siddharthan rsidd at online.fr
Fri May 7 11:52:00 PDT 2004

Matthew Dillon wrote:
>    DragonFly has finally stabilized again after the mess I made of the FP,
>    PIPE, and ACPICA code this week.  I'd like to call on more testers
>    w/ the latest kernels.  All you need to do is build the latest kernel
>    like you usually do and boot with this line in your /boot/loader.conf:
>
>        kern.mmxopt=1

I built a new kernel last night (sources around 7 pm EDT).  I didn't
use the above option (will try it when I get home) but I was getting
hangs with the ACPI module.  I hadn't used ACPI before on DFly, but it
worked without hangs (though not fully functional) with FreeBSD 5 and
it works perfectly with linux.  No problem if I disabled ACPI.

By hang I mean freeze up, no crash/panic, no console messages.
It happened once during the boot process (last message on screen was
"starting syslogd") and once after booting when I typed "startx".

Is there any way to debug this or is ACPI just "unsupported"?

Rahul