Running X and KDE in DragonFly ???

Steve Mynott steve at tightrope.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 31 12:17:22 PST 2004

Justin C. Sherrill wrote:

It should be the same as FreeBSD - you can install from the ports.  Or from
dfports, if an override exists.  Install the port for XFree86-4, then kde3.
The two caveats I can think of:

- XFree86 may have dependencies that won't install automatically.  I've read
other folks reporting a need to do a 'make install' directly in the
depended-on port's directory to get it to work.
I had to do this.

- KDE 3 may not build; it's big, and I think kde-base should work but I
don't know if the other parts will.  There's only one way to find out:
build it.
I installed kde-lite-3.2.1 fine but had to do some 'make installs' as
you described above,

-- Steve