DragonflyBSD on Pegasos PPC boards ?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Mar 26 15:32:44 PST 2004

:Sorry, but I couldn't find any other list to post this question to.
:
:Today there was a reference by the principle investor in Genesi to
:Matt Dillon/DragonflyBSD in a discussion thread on the Pegasos BBS related
:to DragonflyBSD getting ported to the Pegasos@ platform.
:
:http://www.morphzone.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1769&forum=2
:
:If this does happen I'm very interested in it as I had considered using
:the Pegasos in a small cluster but support for the onboard 1Gb NIC never
:materialized in OpenBSD.
:
:g.day

    It's way too early to know what will happen.  I've had only informal
    talks with Pegasos and we are a very small project.  We'll know better
    down the line when we start the PPC port, but we are definitely doing the
    AMD64 port first.  It also depends on interest and developer availability,
    and other factors.

    --

    Note: I would prefer we not start a big thread in the DFly lists.
    There are already plenty of Pegasos related threads/flamefests/bashfests

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>