displaying resident programs?

Steve Mynott steve at tightrope.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 24 14:10:33 PST 2004

Hiten Pandya wrote:
Matthew Dillon wrote:

:I have been experimenting with making programs resident(8) and
wondered :if there was any existing command to list currently resident
programs?
:
:-- Steve

    No, we need a utility and some additional syscall support to list
them.

    As a followup, I have got syscall support added for this item,
    just give me next two/three days and I will finish it off since
    I need to finish up my documentation framework changes.
Cool I look forward to testing it!

Actually another tool that would be *most* useful :-) is something along
the lines of NetBSD's pmap(1) or Darwin's vmmap, which is AFAIK absent
in FreeBSD/DragonFly to basically display the virtual memory map of a
process.

http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?pmap+1+NetBSD-current

http://www.hmug.org/man/1/vmmap.html

I assume that both pmap(1) (which uses UVM and appears under another
name in OpenBSD) and vmmap (which uses Mach and doesn't anyway appear to
be open source) would be too system specific to be directly ported??

-- Steve