buildworld -j N issues

David Cuthbert dacut at kanga.org
Sun Mar 21 20:48:58 PST 2004

David Rhodus wrote:
On Mar 21, 2004, at 5:33 PM, David Cuthbert wrote:
I am running on VMware, though.
There seems to have been a few other problem reports
with VMware. David, what is your host OS(windows ?)
also what version of VMware are you running ?
Yep, I've been following that thread, too (over in bugs@).

I was running 4.0.5 under Linux.  However (see my more recent post), I
just upgraded to 4.5.1 and the timer problem with sleep() vanished.

So far, I've had it up for a few hours now, and the console locking bug
hasn't manifested itself.  This is the longest I've gone without it
happening... hopefully, I haven't jinxed it by saying this. :-)

Dave