HEADS UP: Website Overhaul

Chris Pressey cpressey at catseye.mine.nu
Wed Mar 10 22:21:05 PST 2004

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 00:56:20 -0500
David Cuthbert <dacut at xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Chris Pressey wrote:
>  > CSS2's max-width, for some value of "readable".  (Deja-vu...)
>
> Yeah, therein's the crux.  800 px might be fine with my font, but not
> for someone who's using a system for the visually impaired which is
> using 32 pt fonts.

I don't know about other browsers, but Fire{bird|fox|thompson's-gazelle}
makes it very simple to switch between alternate stylesheets.  That's
the only "real" solution to this problem that I can think of - give the
user a "typical case" stylesheet as default, let them pick a more
appropriate one (or none at all) as suits their wants and needs.

Well, no, I lie.  There is one other real solution I can think of - that
would be, making a website that looks like something circa 1996.
Like djb's site :)

-Chris