Benchmarking

Gary Thorpe gathorpe79 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 13:38:15 PST 2004

Rahul Siddharthan wrote:

Gary Thorpe said on Mar 10, 2004 at 01:00:14:

  It is an OpenOffice file.  I would prefer if Ivan could put up
  some souped up PDFs once the whole benchmarking stuff is done.
  ;-)
Yes I will. The file I posted is just my almost-scrap-file where I store
various bits of data as the work progresses. When all is done, I intend
to clean it up and write a proper article.

Is there any reason tables/raw data cannot be in plain ASCII text? Its
almost as annoying as being emailed a word document: I would just prefer
to have data in more accesible formats when appropriate/possible.

Hey, he *said* it was just his almost-scrap work-in-progress file and he
would clean it up when done.  Give him a break...

I was just trying to say that a plain text file would suffice for a
quick report (how much quicker can it get than to have the program
directly dump results in ASCII?). I am not expecting a slam dunk
document, just the data.

I am sure OpenOffice has a "Save As" plain text option, so I just cannot
see how much of a burden this could be _anyway_. As is, I cannot view it
and no one who doesn't have OpenOffice can either. By "cleaning-up" I
would think he means writting a better, more complete report, not the
format.