Daemon's Advocate article

Diego Calleja García diegocg at teleline.es
Mon Mar 1 17:33:47 PST 2004

El Mon, 01 Mar 2004 13:41:17 -0500 Dave Cuthbert <dacut at xxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> IMHO, The most confusing part of FreeBSD's sysinstall is setting up
> partitions and slices.  I never get a good feel as to when it's going to
> commit my changes, especially if I revisit it.  Arguably, paritions,
> slices, and selecting a boot manager should be on the same screen.

Partitions are one of these things that need to be done with a GUI in order
to keep people happy. For the rest, i don't think it's really important - see
for example the debian installer, it's basically like any other linux graphic
installer but instead of pressing the "OK" button you just have to press
"enter".