buildworld -j N issues

David Rhodus drhodus at machdep.com
Sun Mar 21 19:48:15 PST 2004

On Mar 21, 2004, at 4:01 PM, Matthew Dillon wrote:

    Some issues are cropping up with what I believe are buildworld -j N
    bugs, due to the new scheduler ordering processes somewhat
differently
    then the old scheduler.

    I'm working on the correct set of .ORDER: directives in the .mk
files
    to fix the problem.

    If you have problems doing buildworld -j N, just do the buildworld
without
    the -j N.  I expect to commit fixes later this evening (I'm running
    buildworld -j 4's on four different machines in a loop to try to
locate
    all the ordering issues).

						-Matt

Great! , this has always been a problem dating back to FreeBSD. The
problems seem to happen almost at random, I guess depending on
things like buffer cache state to affect the atomicity of the operations
such at mkdir. Thanks
-DR