proposed patch to improve seperation between kernel and userland code

Chris Pressey cpressey at catseye.mine.nu
Mon Mar 15 13:12:52 PST 2004

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 22:06:58 -0800 (PST)
Matthew Dillon <dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> :>      * libdisk should probably still be made part of the build.
> :
> :OK, but I'm not sure why.  The only consumer of libdisk in the base
> :system is sysinstall AFAICT, and from what I understand, that's going
> :away, thanks to Rob.  If there happen to be ports or other 3rd-party
> :software that use libdisk, well, how about making libdisk itself a
> port?
>
>     It hasn't gone away *yet*.

*shrug* OK.

Turns out it was a false alarm anyway - it wasn't anything in sys/*.h
that was stopping it from building, it was just a messed up .depend file
in the objdir.  (same thing happened for ntp, but I caught that earlier)

Updated patch attached.

-Chris
_kernel_structures.diff.gz