Goals for first release (June/USENIX)

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Mar 11 12:14:57 PST 2004

:>     * Syscall ihot pluge layer and messaging (true async syscalls), and
:>       related upcall and other interfaces, such as placing the syscall
:>       compatibility layer into userland.
:>
:>       I'm not happy with the current infrastructure.  I am going to rework
:>       it and use a shared memory segment between userland and the kernel
:>       that the messages would be transfered through, allowing us to avoid
:>       copyin/copyout.  The same rendezvous memory API could be used to
:>       augment the directory services IPC syscalls (CAPS calls) to greatly
:>       improve their performance as well.
:
:in my uneducated opinion, this sounds much like kqueue/kevent. right?
:~ibotty
:
    kqueue is an event interface, not really a shared memory interface.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>