HEADS UP: Website Overhaul

Rahul Siddharthan rsidd at online.fr
Sat Mar 6 08:46:15 PST 2004

Justin C. Sherrill said on Mar  6, 2004 at 16:33:34:
> > Hm... it seems that the font is a bit large now.  Here's what it looks
> > like in my browser (Mozilla 1.6) at 100%:
>
> I see it too, in Mozilla 1.6 in Windows.  Internet Explorer renders the
> type more "normally".  It looks like the problem is that since the
> "body" is within a large TD, and TD is set to a font-size of 78%, any
> table cells within the main table cell get that percentage size set
> recursively - but only in Mozilla.
>
> Removing the font-size in the body tag and setting the TD font size with
> a (semi)absolute value of em instead of a percentage seems to fix this:
>
> http://home.shiningsilence.com:81/main/
>
> Can folks with other browsers look and verify?

Verified that the shiningsilence version looks like the old site in
konqueror (as well as mozilla).

Dunno about IE.  I'd argue that (a) unix browsers are the priority
here and (b) all half-decent browsers allow you to set a "minimum font
size" anyway (that's what I do so if the font is "too small" I can't
tell).

Rahul