Dragonfly & acpi

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Wed Jun 30 06:00:24 PDT 2004

YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:
On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 10:39:14AM +0100, Hiten Pandya wrote:

Matthew Dillon wrote:

  Hiten, what's the copyright on that tool set?  Is it something we can
  (or should) put in base?
	We can make it a port override, shouldn't be a problem.  I can
	coordinate with Yonetani Tomokazu to commit the acpiconf(8)
	utility from FreeBSD-5, which should handle the suspend and
	resuming, and other ACPI related utilities.
	Most (if not all) are BSD licensed and were developed by the
	Japanese ACPI project and improved upon by Nate Lawson of the
	FreeBSD project; so in summary, it shouldn't be a problem.

Here's "just compiles and works for me" patch, in case someone need them,
to bring the tools from recent FreeBSD-CURRENT, add /dev/acpi to /dev/MAKEDEV
for acpiconf, and update /etc/rc.suspend and /etc/rc.resume .
$ fetch http://les.ath.cx/DragonFly/in-tree-acpicatools.patch.gz
$ zcat in-tree-acpicatools.patch.gz | patch -d /usr/src -p0
TODO/BUGS:
- bring in other endian-related functions from FreeBSD-CURRENT
  and clean up the borrowed functions in acpiconf/acpi.c .
	Just as a note, I have got the endian functions and UUID
	stuff ported already, once I power-up my test box I can
	hand them over to you.  I needed them for an application
	I was writing, about two weeks ago.
	Regards,

		-Hiten
		hmp at xxxxxxxxxxxxx