newsgroup spam?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Jun 24 10:40:16 PDT 2004

:I have joined this newsgroup to follow the developers in their development
:of dragonfly bsd. This is my first newsgroup and was wondering does everyone
:see as much spam as I do?
:

    There was a big burst of spam a week or two ago that I just haven't had
    time to remove from the newsgroup archives, and some in older postings.
    We've since started filtering so hopefully there will be less now.
    I'm trying to avoid turning on posting verification but I might not
    have a choice.  Only time will tell.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>