[ANNOUNCE] DragonFly BSD Installer BETA

Chris Pressey cpressey at catseye.mine.nu
Wed Jun 23 21:16:37 PDT 2004

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 22:55:43 -0400
Jud <judmarc at xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My system (Asus A7V333 with Promise 20276 chip controlling 2 IBM
> 120GXP  hard drives in RAID-0 array, AMD XP1800+) just cycles through
> reboots when  the installer CD is in the boot drive.  All other
> LiveCDs I've tried work,  including DragonFly snapshots as recent as
> June 18th.
>
> Jud

Hi,

In addition to Matt's suggestions, you can first rule out whether it's
something specific to GeekGod's ISO by comparing it against one of
corecode's snapshots from the same date (BETA was the 16th, BETA.2 was
the 22nd.)

The main technical difference from the snapshots is that CAPS is
enabled.

Knowing where it cycles into reboot would also be helpful.  What are the
last few messages you can see before it reboots?  (Scroll Lock might
help here, to pause the display)

Thanks,
-Chris