DragonFly faster than linux or FreeBSD?

esmith esmith at patmedia.net
Wed Jun 16 14:19:45 PDT 2004

Rahul Siddharthan wrote:
. ..
However, anything involving heavy disk-writing activity -- untarring a
large tarball, for example -- slows down DragonFly a lot.  (I think
this happened with FreeBSD 4 too, but my subjective impression is it's
worse with DragonFly, even though I ran FreeBSD 4 on an older and much
. ..

Disk operations (specifically writes?) do seem to bring with them a
degredation in performance and similar operations on other OSs seem to
finish in less time. Tarring does seem to reveal this gap effectively.