How to use DFly sources via nfs?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Jun 4 09:46:53 PDT 2004

:Eirik Nygaard wrote:
:
:> I have been symlinking $HOME/dragonfly/src to /usr/src since I started using
:> DFly, havn't seen any problems yet...So all I can say it: Works for me(tm)
:
:Out of curiosity and a desire to avoid any useful work I went back and tried
:the symlink again (after fixing my MTU problem).
:
:Turns out that my 'quickworld' was looking for its missing files in
:/usr/obj/mnt/ instead of /usr/obj/ (because the src directory is
:/mnt/usr/src instead of /usr/src).
:
:I just had to start over with a buildworld so all the tools were in the
:right place in /usr/obj/mnt/ and now all appears to be working.

    Ah, excellent. Yes, that would do it.  The build creates an object
    infrastructure in /usr/obj/{path_to_sources}/... and a buildworld must
    be run to create that infrastructure.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>