postfix causes hangs

Rob Schmuloff rrschoolie at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 23 10:37:20 PDT 2004

Hello,

  I've experienced periodic hangs on my system for
sice mid-May.  Lately, my terminal is unresponsive as
soon as I start postfix and receive incoming mail.
When I drop into DDB,  the stack trace shows:

scgetc()
sckbdevent()
atkbd_intr()
atkbd_isa_intr()
intr_mux()
ithread_handler()
(Perhaps this is  ctl-alt-esc trace)

This is with a kernel/world built June 23rd.  I
*think* the problem is somewhere in the lockf code
because I glanced at 'ps' from DDB. Also, I'm using
procmail for local delivery, so that's also a
possibility.  Sorry for the sparse information.  I'm
trying to get more data for you..

Thanks,

Rob