feedback ( testing DF on an NEC Versa FM320 laptop)

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Jul 26 21:03:47 PDT 2004

    Very nice!

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

:Hello list,
:
:...
:First of all kudos to the team, the last time I was that impressed with
:an OS was when I switched from NT to FreeBSD 4.4
:
:My first impression (only using it for a couple of hours) is that it
:feels like FBSD4, with functionality of 5.
:...
:I really like the live-cd installer idea, installing DF was a breeze,
:although the first time I didn't get it booting , but reinstalling with
:all options in the "boot selector installation phase" set works the way
:I expected (I dual boot it with XP).
:However I wonder where the geometry warning went, which I used to see
:when installing FBSD.
:...
:--
:mph