Can I run the newest version of WINE on DragonFlyBSD?

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Thu Jul 22 11:24:47 PDT 2004

MACHINE wrote:

>  From the link (http://www.winehq.org/?issue=230#Wine%20on%20FreeBSD), I
> know WINE cannot run well on FreeBSD 4/5 due to VM issue.
> So what about DragonFly?

[snip]

Jonathan Fosburgh wrote:
> I'm not sure if the other developers will regard this change
> favourably, though. They may take the attitude that if Wine can be made
> to work with the FreeBSD kernel code as is, then Wine should be coded
> accordingly.

The DragonFly team tends to take a less conservative view than FreeBSD core;
if you can get this Jonathan Fosburgh fellow to mail
submit at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the needed changes, it can get talked about,
at least.

I haven't run WINE on a DragonFly system myself; I don't know what the
status is.  Since DragonFly forked from FreeBSD 4.8, Wine may still work
now if it worked with 4.8.