DragonFly-1.0 RELEASED!

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Mon Jul 12 13:23:25 PDT 2004

Matthew Dillon wrote:

One year after starting the project as a fork off the FreeBSD-4.x tree,
the DragonFly team is pleased to announce our 1.0 release!
Congratulations to the DFly Team for a job well done!

We have managed to retain 4.x's vaunted stability throughout the development
process, despite ripping out and replacing major subsystems...
I think I'm more impressed with this than anything else -- I still can't
believe how few problems I've had over the last year -- and the few problems
I've reported have been fixed with amazing speed.
...our main site for the technical minutia...
Oops -- a bug!  I think you meant *minutiae*  ;o)

I've been following and admiring Matt's work for FreeBSD and Linux for
years.  I'm grateful that Matt and his team have been generous enough
to share their work with us, and I will continue to follow it wherever
it may lead.  I (and everyone else) have everything to gain.
Thanks to Matt and the DFly Team!