Floppies?

Chris Pressey cpressey at catseye.mine.nu
Mon Jul 12 12:19:54 PDT 2004

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 19:54:14 +0100
"Sarunas V." <vsarunas at xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 13:42:36 -0400, Walter Venable wrote:
> > I can't seem to locate how to activate the installer after having
> > mounted the CD-rom. Any hints?
>
> The installer is in /cdrom/usr/local/sbin/.
>
> See this:
> http://www.livebsd.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/wiki/InstallerDocs
>
> To lunch the installer do this:
>
> Reboot to single user mode
> mount your partitions
> mount the cdrom(#mount_cd9660 /dev/acd0).
> cd /cdrom/usr/local/sbin/
> ./dfuibe_installer &
> ./dfuife_curses
>
> And the installer is running.
> It took me a while to figure this out, but should work fine, as you
> were running it from a CD

FTR, this may in fact work - I haven't tested it, which is why I
described it as being "unsupported".  :)

But if you do try this, start dfuibe_installer like so instead:

	dfuibe_installer -o /cdrom/

The "-o" argument tells it where to get the DragonFly files from.  When
booting off CD, this is normally "/", but in this case, "/" will be the
existing files on the hard drive...

You may also have to adjust your PATH before starting dfuibe_installer
so that it picks up utility programs (like cpdup) from the CD-ROM
instead of the ones on the hard drive.

-Chris