[ANNOUNCE] DragonFly BSD Installer RC1

Ivan Voras ivoras at geri.cc.fer.hr
Thu Jul 1 04:46:42 PDT 2004

Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 19:59:46 +0200
Ivan Voras <ivoras at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

	- one way to do it is to try DHCP and see if the computer gets an IP
adress, but! how to communicate that address to the user doing the
install?

	Speak it over /dev/pca ?
Nice! :)

This wold certainly be interesting to see/hear:

"I'm completely operational and all my circuits are functioning
perfecly. My IP is 10.0.0.10/24"

And if the user/admin tries to connect with IE,

"Sorry, Dave, I can't allow you do do this, Dave." :))

(My memory is rusty on the exact quotes, but you get the idea :) )

Oh, and for the "reboot" option, ofcourse, "Daisy, daisy..." :))