ideas 2

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Jul 28 11:18:33 PDT 2004

:Woudl the reasoning for the local network restriciton is allowing root
:login to be on by default ? Don't forget that the CD would need to
:have a root password set if you are thinking about someone tossing in
:a CD then ssh'n to the machine.
:
:--
:                                            -David

    I've considered changing the PermitRootLogin to 'without-password'
    by default.  For the CD boot we could safely set it to 'yes' by
    default, because sshd will not accept an empty password... then a
    person would only need to set a password on the root account and they
    could login via sshd.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>