Scheduler patch 03 available for testing

esmith esmith at patmedia.net
Fri Jul 23 21:51:12 PDT 2004

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    Ok, a more refined scheduler patch is now available for testing:

	http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~dillon/sched03.patch
I stressed this fairly thoroughly on an UP system. This is a big
improvement over the prior scheduler.

However, it is now easy to notice that after having been relieved from
heavy loads the system appears to treat some of the remaining processes
as if the system's primary resources are still scarce. The result is
some applications remain less responsive, long after they should have
returned to being "snappy". I suppose this could have something to do
with swapping pages back into primary memory after the system load has
been lightened.