SMP support via ACPI

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Jul 17 18:54:04 PDT 2004

:> :Just curious here. As of about two, maybe three weeks ago, I was able
:> :to boot DragonFly on my P4 HT machine with an SMP kernel.  I just
:> :did a fresh install of DragonFly BSD 1.0A and now can not boot an
:> :SMP kernel.  Was there a "simple" change that caused this that could
:> :perhaps be reverted or was it a major sub-system import that will
:> :require much more work?
:>
:>     Try booting without ACPI (boot menu option 2).
:
:I tried that but got the same result, the system will freeze up at
:various stages of the boot process (with an SMP kernel).
:
:--
:Glenn Johnson

    Maybe it's the dual boot stuff.  Again.

    Try creating the file /boot.config with the contents '-V' (without
    the quotes), so it doesn't try to use the serial console.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>