uucico not found

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Jul 16 18:12:57 PDT 2004

:Hi,
:
:In fresh install
:
:grep uucp /etc/passwd
:
:uucp:*:66:66:UUCP
:pseudo-user:/var/spool/uucppublic:/usr/libexec/uucp/uucico
:
:shell "/usr/libexec/uucp/uucico" not found ?

    UUCP is not installed in the system.  The pseudo-user exists because
    tty programs often still use it for tty locking.  Don't tell me you
    actually want to use it?  You'll have to find a uucp dist and compile
    it up from scratch if so.

:second question,
:
:why in dragonflybsd,
:
:not have like pwck or grpck tools ?
:
:Regards
:
:Rmkml at xxxxxxxxxx

    DragonFly is a BSD based unix, not linux.  And, also, I don't think
    any of the BSD's has ever received a single bug report related to
    corrupt password files.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>