Installer RC2 w/ DragonFly RC2

James Frazer jfrazer at ieee.org
Thu Jul 8 12:06:49 PDT 2004

Maybe 'device atapicam' is compiled into the kernel?

I have 2 devices show up on my FreeBSD boxes which have that in the
kernel (but only one drive) -- because they are burners (and I recall
having to add that to make the burner work).

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, just a guess.

--James

Ivan Voras wrote:
I've just noticed something. There was a report here previously about a
hangup during the "Waiting for SCSI devices to settle" when using dfly
in a vmware machine, even though the person reporting said there were no
scsi devices present.

See this: http://ivoras.sharanet.org/dfly_problem.png

There is (only one) IDE CDROM device emulated, but the report is
strange: two devices are listed: acd0 and cd0 and the system seems to be
confused if it is SCSI or IDE?

(This is from RC2+installer boot)