1.0-RC2 will be up momentarily

Michel Talon,,,01 60 15 58 14 talon at lpthe.jussieu.fr
Tue Jul 6 06:17:31 PDT 2004

Matthew Dillon wrote:

>     I'll have the RC2 ISO up on the download page momentarily.  I had it
>     all generated but had forgotten to update the uname, so I am
>     regenerating it.

Congrats, the RC2 solves most problems i had with RC1 on the Thinkpad T40.
The CR reader is still seen at PIO4 instead of DMA but it works at good
speed anyways. The boot is reasonably fast, /boot/loader runs correctly, i
don't have any more READ-BIG errors, the multiuser boot completes and i
have access to the keyboard. Apparently everything is working OK, including
ACPI, at least no error message. The ppc port cannot reserve IO range, and
the sio drivers cannot find serial ports which is normal since there are
none, apparently. acpiconf -s 3 suspends the laptop but at resume it hangs.
I think this is expected.

--
Michel Talon